PRTF - Psychiatric Residential Treatment
The Thompson Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) for children diagnosed with mental illness provides an intensive clinical setting within the safe, child-friendly living environment on our Saint Peter’s Lane Campus in Matthews, NC.
The healing process begins through interactions with trained and committed Thompson staff, including individual psychotherapy sessions with licensed therapists and a child psychiatrist.
PRTF is intended for boys, at admission, ages 5-15 and girls ages 5-13.
Some highlights of the PRTF program at Thompson include:
- Emphasis on child well-being outcomes and healthy family connections
- Educational services provided through The School at Thompson
- Extremely low staff/child ratios
- 6 children per unit, each with their own bedroom and bathroom
- Evidence based practices
- Trauma Informed Agency (Risking Connections curriculum agency wide)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (participation in the Duke TFCBT Learning Collaborative)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Relationship based theoretical model
- Nationally accredited: The Joint Commission
For more information please call 1-704-644-4400 or email@example.com.