Provided at our Family Services Center - Wendover Road, our family education program provides an array education classes that foster a strong foundation for successful parenting.
Make Parenting a Pleasure (for families with children birth to 3 years)
- Make Parenting a Pleasure is a group-based parent education and support program for those with children birth–3 years of age designed to prevent and address stress, isolation, and a lack of adequate parenting information so many experience.
- Length of Class: Participants attend weekly two hour sessions for 12 weeks.
- Cost: $150.00.
The Incredible Years (for families with children 3-12 years)
- The preschool and school-age Incredible Years parent training program is an evidence-based program designed to support parents in creating a strong foundation for life-long learning, development, and growth for their child.
- Length of Class: Participants attend weekly two-hour sessions for 16 weeks.
- Cost: $150.00 (limited scholarship assistance available for certain classes).
Parenting Wisely (for families with children 13 and older)
- Parenting Wisely is an interactive, video-rich program allowing participants to choose relevant family scenarios and problem solve. The program is designed to enhance child adjustment, and to reduce delinquency and substance abuse.
- Length of Class: Two sessions lasting approximately 3 hours each with classes offered on two consecutive days.
- Cost: $75.00.
Safe Child Education Program & Parent Education and Diversion Program
- FOR PARENTS cited for leaving their child(ren) UNATTENDED IN A VEHICLE OR HOME or cited with a violation of the city/ county YOUTH PROTECTION ORDINANCE.
- REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Contact Thompson to register for required class.
- Provide a copy of citation to Thompson, PRIOR to attending class.
- Attend and participate in the class which is typically held the 3rd or 4th Thursday of every month from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm at Thompson, located at 769 N. Wendover Road, Charlotte, NC 28211. Anyone arriving late will not be admitted to class.
- Pay a fee of $75.00 to Thompson for the program by the evening of the class. Cash or money order accepted, please bring exact change.
- Successful completion of class, may allow for dismissal of your case. To determine if you qualify for this benefit, please contact your attorney or the District Attorney’s Office.
For enrollment dates and class locations, please contact Rita Crawford at 704-376-7180, ext. 153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.